This is the recorded audio from a presentation by Michaela Freeland and Wesley Fryer on February 19, 2016, at the OMLEA Conference for MidLevel Teachers and Administrators in Oklahoma sponsored by CCOSA. The session description was: Come learn how our teachers, librarians, and students are using 3D Printers manufactured right here in Oklahoma! Our school library hosted a free “Playdate” PD event in November open to the community to encourage people to play with 3D design and 3D printing software, and use our 3D printers. Our teachers are offering after-school STEM club and activity-period STEM groups for students to engage in engineering design projects and other integrated projects using science, technology, engineering, art, and math skills. Our middle school students are using MinecraftEDU software to develop design skills and learn coding. We’re also offering summer camp STEM/STEAM workshops for students as well as teachers. Come learn practical ideas for STEM/STEAM learning you can bring back to your school! Access slides and resources from this presentation on http://bit.ly/omleastem as well as http://stemseeds.org.
- Google Presentation Slides
- 3D Printing in 6th Grade History Monuments Project
- Casady Learning Showcase Website
- Casady Student Projects YouTube Channel
- Photos of Paris Project (3D Printing)
- Follow @casadySTEM on Twitter
- Wes’ STEM Curriculum site: stem.wesfryer.com
- STEMseeds Camp coming to Casady School June 6-8, 2016
- Video: Inside and Outside Sharing (in our schools) – 12.5 minutes long
- Royalty-free Podcast audio bumper: “Life of Riley” from incompetech
- more show links coming!
— Casady STEM (@CasadySTEM) February 16, 2016
— Casady STEM (@CasadySTEM) July 23, 2015